1. The new Request for Services (RFS) form, which can be used to request over a dozen services for active members and one service for deferred members, launched on 4 December 2017.
2. The new RFS form makes the process for requesting member services quicker and easier for employers as it removes the need to use different forms for different member services.
3. Up to 4 March 2018, we will still accept requests made for these member services using older versions of forms.
4. However, after 4 March, we will only accept requests for member services using the new RFS form. If you are unlikely to make the transition to the new RFS form by the deadline, please contact your Civil Service Pensions Service Delivery Manager (SDM) as soon as possible.
5. If you are not using the new RFS form already, visit the dedicated RFS form web pages and download the latest version.
Features and benefits of the new RFS form
6. When completing the new RFS form, data validations prevent the submission of incorrect information and advisory notes suggest when additional documentation is required.
Mandatory fields also prevent the submission of requests with missing information - something that previously delayed request processing.
7. Since the new RFS form launched, the number of incomplete submissions by employers has reduced, which is improving the experience for our members.
Support for employers already using the new RFS form
9. If you experience an issue when using the new RFS form, please call the Employer Helpline on 0300 123 1040.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs or you need to receive them in a different format contact email@example.com
You can find electronic copies of the Employers’ Pension Guide, all current EPNs and forms on our website www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk under ‘Employers’.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension they can find information at: