As presented at the Regional Employer Forums in April and Civil Service Live in June and July, we have created a suite of bite-sized videos which are now live on the scheme website.
The bite-sized videos are designed as a way for members to quickly access and digest important information about their pension benefits (and associated processes).
Each video covers a key pension topic, and each one is housed on its own dedicated page on the scheme website, which holds more information about that topic.
Retiring from the Scheme
Joining the Scheme
Understanding your ABS
Understanding your PSS
1. In order to help members to understand some of the key ‘moments that matter’ in their pension journey, we have created a suite of bite-sized videos.
2. The videos provide a high-level view of a selection of common scheme activities, enabling members to increase their understanding quickly and in an engaging manner.
3. The subjects covered in the videos are as follows:
4. We have chosen these subjects due to them being timely (ABS and PSS) and common key milestones in a member’s journey through to retirement.
How to access the Bite-size videos
5. The videos can be accessed by either:
6. We are aware that some Civil Service employers may not have access to YouTube. If this is the case, members will still be able to use the link to YouTube on their smart phone, tablet or home computer, as an alternative to viewing the videos at work.
7. Please promote the videos and encourage your employees to visit the Civil Service Pensions website to access them directly from the site.
8. We appreciate that you may not be able to directly update your intranet as the responsibility may sit with an internal communications or IT function. As such, we would be grateful if you could liaise with the appropriate team to have the existence and location of the videos promoted to gain the maximum exposure to members.
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension, they can find information on this website or by contacting the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP).