- Pension leads
- HR Managers
- Payroll Managers
Further to EPN384, this EPN provides new information about the responsibilities of employers to address missing or incomplete member pension data.
- If requested, employers must provide information to the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP).
- Employers should understand their responsibilities in the search for and identification of missing and incomplete member data.
- Employers must reasonably and accurately work out any gaps in member earnings using the methods outlined in the attached and within the guidance given.
- With immediate effect
- This EPN supersedes EPN384: Missing Pension Data - Employer Responsibilities and Guidance.
- If member pension data is missing or incomplete on the Scheme Administrator’s (MyCSP’s) system, you will need to undertake a search of your available records to provide the required information.
- If the missing records relate to employment with a previous government department, you will need to liaise with the department that was responsible for that member’s record.
- The Scheme Administrator will provide you with details of the data they do hold, and identify the missing information that is required. The Scheme Administrator will issue you with a DR1 form (Annex C), which you should complete and return to them with the results of your investigation.
- If, after all best endeavours, you are still unable to locate the required missing or incomplete data, this EPN provides you with guidance and worked examples of how to best supply the required data to the Scheme Administrator.
- Please see attached guidance (Annex A) on how to deal with such cases. Annex B gives you the background to member contributions. The DR1 form (Annex C) should be used to report the action you have taken to find missing data. Annex D is the historic pay scales you may find helpful.
If you require further assistance on the content of this EPN, please contact the Cabinet Office Data Improvement team firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about the distribution of EPNs contact email@example.com.
This notice is for employers and should not be issued to scheme members.
If members have a question about their pension, they can find information on this website or by contacting the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP).