Date posted: 01/04/2012
Audience: HR Managers HR Staff dealing with pensions queries
- To issue the attached follow up notice to scheme members about the increase in member contributions to scheme members via your intranet and
- To note the revised slides for communicating Pension Reform.
Timing: Please issue the attached follow up notice by 16 April.
This notice is from Cabinet Office, Scheme Management Executive
Mailing to all scheme members
- As advised in EPN 325 we arranged for MyCSP with St Ives to distribute a letter about the increase in contribution rates to all scheme members.
- The mailing is now complete and, depending on the postal system, all letters should now be delivered.
- We anticipate that some letters may not be deliverable if the address is incomplete or the member has not provided up to date information. So that all staff may have access to the letter, we ask you to make the enclosed notice available to members through your usual communication route, including your intranet.
- As before, when considering how to publicise the enclosed notice, you must liaise with your Head of Internal Communications. Employers must also ensure they share the note with their Shared Services or the first point of HR contact for their staff.
- Please note you will need to insert appropriate information (if applicable) and contact details in the notice.
- Any returned mail will be logged by St Ives into a report. Where there are significant data issues, SME will follow these up with the employers concerned.
Civil Service Pensions Reform
- Attached to EPN318 was a slide pack to support employers when updating their staff on pension reform progress. There is a further updated slide pack attached to this EPN.
- The pack has been designed as a tool to support Employers in their communications, and it is up to Employers to choose the most appropriate method of communicating the information in the pack to staff. Again the updated slide pack has been sent to HR Directors and Heads of Internal communications as well. You should liaise with your internal Communications and HR teams to ensure that they have received it and how best to use the information, for example by placing on an intranet, or building into staff presentations or meetings.
- Employers are free to change the formatting of the slides but any amendments or additions to any of the points of substance should be cleared through Civil Service Workforce Reform. Contact Sally Rowles: email@example.com
EPN318, EPN322, EPN325 and EPN328
Enquiries regarding distribution or to receive in a different format