Complaints FAQs

How do I complain?

You can do this in the following ways:

  • by email to: for the attention of the complaints manager
  • in writing to: MyCSP, PO Box 2017, Liverpool, L69 2BU, marked for the attention of the complaints manager 
  • by telephone: 0300 123 6666

Please note: If you choose to email us you accept the risk associated with emailing personal information.

What information do I need to include?

So that we can investigate your complaint as quickly as possible you should include the following details:

  • your full name, address and contact details
  • your date of birth and pension member number 
  • full details of your complaint
  • how you would like the complaint to be resolved
  • photocopies of any documents supporting your complaint

What will happen next?

We will do everything we can to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible including:

  • we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days
  • we will assign a dedicated member of the customer service team to manage your complaint 
  • we will provide a full response to your complaint, or an update on progress within 20 working days
  • we will continue to manage your complaint and update you on progress until your issues have been resolved

Which complaints can you deal with?

We can deal with any complaint about the way in which we have carried out, or failed to carry out, our role. This can include, for example, complaints about mistakes, misunderstandings, lack of information or delays.

Which complaints can’t you help me with?

Examples of those we cannot deal with are listed below:

  • employment issues – you should contact your employer in the usual way
  • Government legislation, regulation or pension policy – you should contact
  • proceedings that have begun in a court or tribunal about the same disagreement
  • a complaint that the Pensions Ombudsman has agreed to investigate
  • State benefits – you should contact DWP
  • Your own personal tax issues – you should contact HMRC
  • Scheme Medical Adviser – you should complete the Med 9 form on the Civil Service Pension scheme website

What if I remain dissatisfied?

We aim to resolve your complaint. However the Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) is also available to give you independent and impartial help if there’s a problem you’ve been unable to resolve relating to your pension.

Visit or call 0300 123 1047.

You can also use the two stage formal complaints process known as the Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) procedure, which is a statutory process that all occupational pension schemes must have in place. The IDR procedure is a two stage resolution process. Full details of the IDR procedure can be found here.