How do I claim my pension?

If you are an active member, claiming your pension starts by discussing it with your employer.

Find out more about claiming your pension

How do I claim my preserved pension?

If you are a deferred member and you have a preserved pension, claiming your pension starts by contacting the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP).

How much notice should I give to get my pension?

If you are retiring as an active member, you should contact your employer at least four months before the date you are thinking of retiring.

The Scheme Administrator (MyCSP) will need around three months’ notice to put a pension into payment. This allows time for any details to be checked and for you to make your lump sum decisions.

Do I have to fill in any forms?

Yes. When you start the process to claim your pension you will get a quote showing the details of your pension and lump sum. You will also get the following forms that you need to complete and return with the relevant documentation: A personal details form, and a lump sum option form.

What information do I need to provide?

You will need to supply the following information when you claim your pension:

  • Details of any other pensions that you are claiming / receiving – this is to check against the Lifetime Allowance.
  • Confirmation of your bank or building society account – where you would like your pension and lump sum paid.
  • Confirmation that we hold your correct marital status, address, and death benefit nominee information.

  • Notarised copies of birth and marriage certificates.

When will I get my first payment?

Your pension will be paid monthly in arrears once you have retired.

Any lump sum you requested is paid into your account once all the documentation is received and your benefits have been processed.

You should not enter into any financial commitments until you have received the lump sum payment in your bank account.

14 December 2021
Last updated:
22 August 2022