Pension tracing service

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) operates a central tracing agency to help people keep track of any pension arrangements they had in the past.

Find out more about finding an old pension. 

Loss of benefits

If you become bankrupt, your pension will be paid in line with relevant legislation.

What about State benefits?

You will receive a State Pension based on your National Insurance record.

How do I find out more about State pensions?

Visit or contact your Pension Centre.

The Scheme Administrator (MyCSP) holds your pension records and administers your benefits on your employer’s behalf, including working out and arranging pension payments. They can only give you information about premium and other associated information about the Civil Service pension arrangements.

They do not have the authority to advise you on financial matters relating to pension decisions you may have to make. If you want help in  making such decisions, we suggest you contact an Independent Financial Adviser.

14 January 2022
Last updated:
4 April 2022