Disagreements and complaints procedures

If you have any concerns you should raise them with the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP). If you are dissatisfied with the way your concerns have been handled you may decide to complain to the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP). There is further information More information.

If the problem is not sorted out to your satisfaction, you can raise your concerns under the Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) procedure. This is a statutory process that all occupational pension schemes must have in place. The Scheme Administrator (MyCSP) will investigate under Stage 1, and if you remain dissatisfied you can raise your concerns to the scheme manager, Cabinet Office, under Stage 2.

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)

You can contact The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) at any stage during the IDR procedure.

TPAS is an independent organisation set up to help with sorting out disagreements between scheme members and the administrators or trustees of their scheme.

You can write to TPAS at:

11 Belgrave Road

For further information see their website:


Loss of benefits

If you become bankrupt, your pension will be paid in line with relevant legislation.

Pension Tracing Service

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) operates a central tracing agency to help people keep track of any pension arrangements they had in the past.

You can contact ‘The Pensions Tracing Service’ by writing to them at:

The Pension Service
9 Mail Handling Site A
WV98 1LU


Scheme amendments

Cabinet Office may amend the scheme’s provisions from time to time.

State benefits

From 6 April 2016 the new State Pension replaced the previous two part state pension arrangements – basic and earnings related (S2P). Your membership of classic plus does not affect your entitlement to the basic State pension.

However because classic plus was contracted- out up to 6 April 2016 you did not build up rights to S2P during the period of your classic plus membership to that date. In return you paid a lower rate of National Insurance contributions.

Therefore your State Pension entitlement will be calculated in consideration of this.

The Pensions Regulator

This organisation is the statutory regulator for occupational pension schemes. Their task is to make sure that pension schemes operate legally. They also educate and inform and work with others to raise standards.

For further information see their website:


Transferring your rights to benefits (assignment)

You cannot give anyone else the right to your entitlement from the scheme.

Pensions Ombudsman

If you have gone through IDR and your complaint has still not been resolved satisfactorily, you can contact the Pensions Ombudsman. For more information see their website:


You can write to the Pensions Ombudsman at:

10 South Colonnade
Canary Wharf
E14 4PU


If you leave and, at some point in the future, are re-employed by an organisation that offers the Civil Service pension arrangements, you should ask your prospective employer how re- employment affects your pension choices.

If you are re-employed after you started taking your pension by an organisation that offers the Civil Service pension arrangements, your pension may be reduced.

If you are re-employed having previously left with a compensation payment, you may have to pay this back depending on the length of time between employments.

You should discuss how re-employment affects your compensation payment with your prospective employer before accepting the post.

15 December 2021
Last updated:
29 June 2022