How do I make a complaint?

If you have any concerns you should raise them with the Scheme Administrator (MyCSP). Often, a phone call or an email will be enough. If you are dissatisfied with the way your concerns have been handled you may decide to complain to the Scheme Administrator.

If the problem is not sorted out to your satisfaction, you can raise your concerns under the Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) procedure. This is a statutory process that all occupational pension schemes must have in place. The Scheme Administrator (MyCSP) will investigate under Stage 1, and if you remain dissatisfied you can raise your concerns to the Scheme Manager (Cabinet Office) under Stage 2.

You can contact The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) at any stage during the IDR procedure. TPAS is an independent organisation set up to help with sorting out disagreements between scheme members and the administrators or trustees of their scheme.

You can write to TPAS at:

11 Belgrave Road

For further information see their website:

Can I appeal against the IDR decision?

If you have gone through IDR and your complaint has still not been resolved satisfactorily, you can contact the Pensions Ombudsman. For more information see their website:

You can write to the Pensions Ombudsman at:

10 South Colonnade
Canary Wharf
E14 4PU

Can I complain about my partnership account provider?

Yes. You should contact the provider in the first instance, to see if you can sort out any complaint through their internal complaints procedures.

If you are unable to find a resolution this way, you may make a complaint through the Financial Ombudsman Service.

14 December 2021
Last updated:
29 June 2022