The Scheme Manager (Cabinet Office) is responsible for the Civil Service pension arrangements in terms of the benefits members will get, what level of contributions members and employers have to make towards the benefits received and all other matters relating to scheme policy.
The pension arrangements are:
- five Defined Benefit pension schemes - classic, classic plus, premium, nuvos, alpha; and
- one Defined Contribution pension scheme - partnership
The Scheme Manager is also responsible for the management of:
- the Civil Service Compensation Scheme;
- the Civil Service Additional Voluntary Contribution Scheme; and
- the Civil Service Injury Benefits Scheme
The schemes are set out in legislation. The Minister for the Civil Service is the responsible Minister.